RE590T 'partially' drops connection to Android or iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-06 16:13:19
Model: RE590T  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest version

My RE590T will often partially drop connections to phones. But the device says the phones are connected to it but the phones tell me they have no connection to the internet. Or, wifi drops out completely and then struggles to reconnect and never completes. But in the same room is a Roku connected to the same RE590T and it has no problem getting and maintaining a stable connection. It's only the phones. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE590T 'partially' drops connection to Android or iPhone
2019-03-06 18:46:36

@Pineapple-1 

A few things could be happening.  1.  You need to simply change the wireless channel of your networks.  Some devices prefer to be on higher level channels mostly iOS but i have seen it in a few android devices as well.  2.  If the SSID is cloned, meaning the same as the Router then your device could be confused as to which AP to route the traffic through. If this happens give the RE its own SSID and see if the issue corrects itself. 

Options
Re:RE590T 'partially' drops connection to Android or iPhone
2020-04-19 21:50:25

@Pineapple-1 I am having the same irritating problem with two TL-WA855RE extenders in a house of a mere 1,650 square feet.

Options