AX50 indicators are normal while it periodically drops wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 01:31:56 - last edited 2022-07-05 15:30:08
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: AX50(US)_V1_220526

I've had an Arch34 AX50 for about a year now, and all was good up until a few weeks ago. It started to randomly drop the wifi connection, and the indicator light on the front panel was orange. The cable modem indicators were all normal, and unplugging the router, waiting 15 seconds, and plugging it back in solved the problem.

Today, it dropped the wifi connection, the front panel indicators were normal -  all green - and restarting the router didn't solve the problem. I then restarted both the modem and the router several times, yet the problem persisted. All indicators were green, but no internet connection.  I replaced the AX50 with my previous router, and that got me back on the internet in no time.

The AX50 firmware is the latest version, so that's not the issue. Of course, I don't have the receipt, and I don't remember where I bought the AX50, so a return/repair is out of the question. I'm wondering if this is a hardware failure, or if there might be some settings or magical chants that would take care of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX50 indicators are normal while it periodically drops wifi connection-Solution
2022-07-05 08:55:36 - last edited 2022-07-05 15:30:08

Hello @TTuTone 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I know who is your ISP? When the internet drops on the AX50, please check if you can still login to the router web interface, then confirm if there is still a WAN IP address. If yes, you may try changing the DNS servers to the public like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then reboot both the modem and the AX50 to monitor again.

It's also suggested to follow this guide to do more troubleshooting and report back as suggested.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 indicators are normal while it periodically drops wifi connection-Solution
2022-07-05 08:55:36 - last edited 2022-07-05 15:30:08

Hello @TTuTone 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I know who is your ISP? When the internet drops on the AX50, please check if you can still login to the router web interface, then confirm if there is still a WAN IP address. If yes, you may try changing the DNS servers to the public like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then reboot both the modem and the AX50 to monitor again.

It's also suggested to follow this guide to do more troubleshooting and report back as suggested.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX50 indicators are normal while it periodically drops wifi connection
2022-07-05 15:29:02

@Kevin_Z  My ISP is Xfinity (Comcast). Changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 appears to have resolved the problem. Thanks!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 2

Related Articles