Antivirus won't stop blocking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-12 16:19:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest firmware

I turned on some of the anitivirus features when I initially setup my M9's.  I turned it off shortly after because it was just blocking too much.  Weeks later, I am still getting notifications that certain clients' traffic is being blocked by the antivirus.  There is a simple on/of switch for all of the antivirus features and they are in the "off" position.  How do I get my Deco to really stop blocking random accesses?

Options
15 Reply
Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-12 17:07:36

@User747483839 

Please let us know which of the AV services you turned off and what notifications you are seeing.  Its possible that its either traffic that appears to be comprimised or the device is comprimised and its being quarantined.  Also it could just need a database update.  To do this power cycle your Decos and it should trigger an update.

Options
Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-12 19:08:28
Thank you. I turned on the intrusion prevention and Infected device quarantine. What happens is that I receive notifications that say, "Blocked Bob's computer to protect the network". I see this on 2 laptops and my AppleTV. The URLs are always the same - fuelrewards(from an email) and tubi.tv(streaming service). I'll give the devices a reboot as you suggested and see if that helps. I considered removing the devices and then connecting again but didn't know if that would make any difference.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-13 16:02:13

@User747483839 

So that message is related to the intrusion prevention system.  What is happening is there is traffic orginating from those devices that TrendMicro has detected as potential security threats.  There are many reasons why this can occur, for instance we recently had a cusotmer who was using a raspberryPI to do port sniffing on his own network,  the Intrusion prevention system detected this as a threat and blocked the device.  So something as innocent as that could be happening or there could be a potential issue on those devices.  Its best to run a Antivirus and or Maleware scan on those devices to ensure they are working properly.  For the Apple TV try using a more reconized app such as Netflix or Hulu, if possible, or if you have any shows or movies on Itunes trying running those and see if the Apple TV works correctly.  If the devices area ll clean of virus or maleware we may need to collect a bit more information and send it to our software engineers.  

Best Regards  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-17 01:55:55

I am curious as to why, if I have those anti virus pieces turned off, Never had them turned on, why are they even interacting with any of my devices? 

Off should mean off. Off should not mean off "except for this"

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-18 17:39:27

@pdxsam 

The other gentleman in this thread has those features on so it would make sense that it is blocking devices that TrendMirco has flagged as comprimised.  We are working with our software team to see if a override can be included in a future update.  But its not clear if or when that can be done.  

If you have the entire AV suite shut off then all devices should be allowed.  If they are not it would require investigation. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-03-19 01:58:44

Hello Carl,

Would opening a new thread be easier for you? or continue here.  I most definitely have everything turned off, yet it's still blocking. I can send screenshots of both the settings page and the log page so you can see what I am referring to.

Options
2019-03-19 17:08:01

When I turned those on, I turned them on for a day.  A MONTH later I still get random notices.  There is no turning this thing off!

Options
2019-03-26 17:07:48

What's happening is that it's not actually blocking anything, just sending notices as if it was.  I can't stop getting these things.

Options
2019-04-12 15:52:10 - last edited 2019-04-12 15:52:48

Still, to this day, I am getting notifications on my phone that some traffic was blocked.  Again, ALL 3 of these options have been TURNED OFF for months.  I literally turned these features on, one time.  I rebooted all decos and was hoping I wouldn't be bothered anymore.

Can this be fixed?  Clearly, this is a problem and isn't suppose to happen.

Options
Re:Re:Antivirus won't stop blocking
2019-04-28 16:36:38

I'm having the same issue. AV turned off completely, but it is blocking VPN. In my case, it's a work VPN needed for remote work, but it's blocked saying that the vpn is changing my location. sometimes i get the message but it doesn't really block traffic. other times it does block traffic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4742

Replies: 15