can't transfer files with TP-Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-12 21:34:28 - last edited 2019-03-13 15:46:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

How do I transfer files to and from my TP-Share USB? I have it set up correctly, I think.When I go into tplinkwifi.net it shows the USB being in G: drive. I’ve set up pass words, usernames, and enabled sharing. I have even renamed the drive as TP-Share and created a folder named sda 1. That’s what is under Folder Sharing. My big problem is not being able to transfer files to the router USB drive. I have been trying to use drag and drop. Should I be using another method?

I am using an Archer C7, AC 1750, hardware v 4.0.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Options
8 Reply
Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-13 15:51:39

@BillyB 

Hi Billy,

We would love to help but need a bit more information.  If you can let us know the answers to the following we will be better able to assist.

1.  What file system is your drive formatted with?  Such as FAT, FAT32, NTFS, ect.  

2.  What type of computer are you using?  Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.

3.  What is the computer's OS version?

4.  What is the current frimware for the Archer C7?

Thanks 

Options
Re:Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-13 17:49:41 - last edited 2019-03-13 17:53:29

1.  What file system is your drive formatted with?  Such as FAT, FAT32, NTFS, ect.  

NTFS

2.  What type of computer are you using?  Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.

Windows

3.  What is the computer's OS version? 

4.  What is the current frimware for the Archer C7?

Firmware 1.0.7, Hardware v 4.0

I can access the drive and I can see it under Advanced\ Device Settings etc. I seem to be confused on how to actually transfer files into and out of the thumb drive. I have been trying to drag and drop. Should I be using a different method?

Options
Re:Re:Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-13 18:22:51

@BillyB 

Hi Billy,

Thank you so what is probably the issue is SMB.  Windows 10 removed default support of SMBv1, you can enable it manually but it is not enabled by default.  The Archer C7 V4 added this support on Frimware build number 180315.  Please make sure your firmware build number is either 180315 or 180425.  If not please us this link to update your router. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-13 18:37:09

Sorry build number is 200180425 so the SMB issue should be OK? Or should I try the update anyway?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-14 17:51:03

@BillyB 

Billy,

That is the latest firmware build so you should be fine. SMBv2 should be supported there.  In your USV setting make sure you have the 3 circled features filled in as you desire. Its possible the sharing settings or folder settigns are not allowing 

Also make sure that the folder settings are set to allow read and write as shown below

Options
2019-03-15 20:39:28

Every thing looks the same as your screen capture except mine is drive G instaed of F. I guess I'm just too old and stupid to get this feature to work. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Options
Re:Re:can't transfer files with TP-Link
2019-03-18 17:22:41

@BillyB 

You haven't wasted anyone's time.  There are a few things that we can do from here.  

1.  Contact phone support and have them walk you though setup of this feature step by step just to make sure nothing small was missed.

2.  Provide us with the make and model of Flashdrive and send us a copy of your config file so we can try on a test unit here locally and see if we can figure out what is happening.  

Option 2 may take a while if we would have to make sure we have the particular product and version in our test lab.

Options
2021-09-03 00:17:52

@BillyB  sorry to resurrect and old thread. 

I am having the same issue as Billy. I am using the ax1800 router and have a Seagate 1tb portable hard-drive connected to the router. I used to have no problem reading and writing to the drive from my windows pc. But now I can only read files. It seems I have lost write access as I can not add or delete files to the drive. Billy were you able to fix this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2513

Replies: 8

Related Articles