C7(V3) losing wifi connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-15 02:02:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150508 Rel.42275n

Have had this C7(V3) router over 2 years and has worked flawlessly up until 3 months ago.  The wifi goes down 1-2 times per day which requires a power cycle to bring back up.  I have heard about the Chromecast issues but I have had Chromecasts on this router for more than a year.  The only device that was added about the time the disconnects began was a 4k fire stick from amazon.  Could this be a similar problem to the Chromecast one?  Thanks in advance for any advise.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C7(V3) losing wifi connectivity
2019-03-15 18:52:51

@petermt 

Hi Peter,

While the devices are similar in nature they are different in their software so should not be affected.  Also the Chromecast I think you are referring to was an issue with Google and their Cast service.  This was misrepresented to be an issue on our Archer C7 but it was actually the Archer C1200 that was affected.  This issue has since been corrected by both us and Google.   There is only one realsed frimware for that version so that should not be the cause.  If you can share you logs so we can see the messaging we should be able to help issolate the cause or what is happening. 

Options
Re:Re:C7(V3) losing wifi connectivity
2019-03-18 00:18:07

Thanks. I'll grab the logs the next time the disconnect happens.  Hopefully the ethernet connection will still be available.

Options
Re:C7(V3) losing wifi connectivity
2019-03-19 18:40:48

I can't get to the logs.  The router locks up when it disconnects.  I can't even access it through a hardwired ethernet connection.

Any other advice?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 941

Replies: 3