Orange internet light

Orange internet light
Orange internet light
2019-03-16 17:09:28
Model: Archer A7
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an orange internet light.  My computer is able to access internet; however, my iphone and amazon tablet will not connect.  They have both previously worked.  Have powered off modem and router and restarted but that did not fix the problem.  Cannot remember if the orange internet light was green before this happened. Help 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Orange internet light
2019-03-18 16:22:56

@RDW 

An orange internet light indicates there is a problem with the connection to the ISP.  If you log into the router you will usually see 0.0.0.0 as you internet/WAN IP address. The ethernet cable is good otherwise there would be no light on so you can rule that out.  Check you modem and make sure all lights on it are on normally. If you have a cable provider you can try to powering the modem off, disconnecting the Coaxial cable, then power the modem back up.  Wait 3-5 minutes before you reconnect the coaxial cable.  If you have any other ISP or this does not work I would recommend contacting the ISP to reprovision your line.  If that fails since you already power cycled the router you next action would be to do a factory reset of the router.

Options