Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Orange internet light
Orange internet light
2019-03-16 17:09:28
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an orange internet light.  My computer is able to access internet; however, my iphone and amazon tablet will not connect.  They have both previously worked.  Have powered off modem and router and restarted but that did not fix the problem.  Cannot remember if the orange internet light was green before this happened. Help 

Options
13 Reply
Re:Orange internet light
2019-03-18 16:22:56

@RDW 

An orange internet light indicates there is a problem with the connection to the ISP.  If you log into the router you will usually see 0.0.0.0 as you internet/WAN IP address. The ethernet cable is good otherwise there would be no light on so you can rule that out.  Check you modem and make sure all lights on it are on normally. If you have a cable provider you can try to powering the modem off, disconnecting the Coaxial cable, then power the modem back up.  Wait 3-5 minutes before you reconnect the coaxial cable.  If you have any other ISP or this does not work I would recommend contacting the ISP to reprovision your line.  If that fails since you already power cycled the router you next action would be to do a factory reset of the router.

Options
2020-10-13 17:07:31
having the same issue with an unresponsive TP link ac19000 wifi router, powered down the modem, restarted after 5minutes, tried again. powered down unplugged coax cable, waited, restarted, tried again, logged into Tp link to reboot, says no internet connection. Tested cat5 cable to modem and tested without wifi connectivity and internet work. called comcast ISP to troubleshoot, they did a test and said connection was ok, no issues, modem is working, tried to reboot the Tp link wifi router again with a ethernet plugged in connected to back of wifi router to default login admin site and rebooted, still not working. tried the factory reset button and still does not work. Tp link wifi ac19000 failed or is dead?
Options
2020-10-22 15:28:01 - last edited 2020-10-22 15:29:20

@Seriouslywhydoa 

If you are using it as an access point, and see the red light on the internet globe please changet the lan settings to Static Ip rather than Smart Ip dhcp

Options
2020-11-27 23:38:18

@Carl what if you have a Ethernet outlet connection and not a modem. My Router had WiFi but is not connected to the internet and the internet indicator is orange 

Options
2020-11-30 23:07:36

@Kalae 

Like an ONT port for a fiber connection?  If that is the case then its likely the router's WAN is not configured properly for the service, for instance some Fiber require a VLAN to be assigned.  That or its possible the ISP requires the router to be regesterd before an IP can be released.  If it is setup and configured properly the other reason for an Orange WAN Light is an ISP outage. 

Options
2021-04-30 00:45:32
My Internet light is orange. I've tried with 2 other ethernet cables that work when connected to my laptop. My WiFi cuts out frequently. What can I do to fix this?
Options
2021-09-06 02:11:45

@Carl 

If modem connected directly to PC is working meaning if ethernet is working ISP is not an issued issue is with router not connecting to modem so hardware or software issue in router

Options
2021-09-07 18:18:38

@Tpked.long 

Just because the client connected directly to the modem is working doesn't mean the issue isn't still the ISP's modem.  The modems we are typically talking about are Cable.  Cable modems bind to the MAC ID of the device that its connected to.  Once this binding happens, the modem will effectivly not see any other client or router that is connected to the modem.  This is unitl you clear the Binding by resetting the modem as stated here:  

Options
2021-09-23 18:57:17

@Seriouslywhydoa Same here is there a solution

Options
2021-09-26 00:02:45

@RDW For anyone looking to resolve this still, what worked for me after getting through to a senior tech support (after getting a replacement router that had the exact same issue...) is the following:

Log into your router -> Advanced -> Network -> Internet -> Mac Clone section -> Change to "Clone Current Device MAC"

Too many hours spent trying to do other things and getting a warrantied replacement router just to find out this is the simple solution lol... anyway, hope it helps others!

Options

Information

Helpful: 23

Views: 258827

Replies: 13

Related Articles