HS200 switch output too low. Lights very dim

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-24 23:33:30
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I just installed a Kasa Smart Switch, NOT the dimming model. Mine is the HS200. I installed it to control my bedroom fan light, which is a 4 lightbulb fixture. Installation and connection to WiFi and app all went fine. The only problem is the lightbulbs are extremely dim. If I remove one lightbulb, the remaining three get brighter, if I remove a second bulb the other two get even brighter. I am using non-dimming LED bulbs in the fixture, and while they only pull 8mA each. As the HS200 is rated to 15A it shouldn’t be overwhelmed by 4 8mA bulbs in one fixture. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I got a bad switch. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS200 switch output too low. Lights very dim
2019-03-24 23:36:03

Also, not sure if it matters or not, but my outlet wiring has a copper ground wire, a red live wire, and a black neutral wire. My live/load is not separate. 

Options
Re:Re:HS200 switch output too low. Lights very dim
2019-03-25 18:12:20

@capazzo22 

Hi yes its going to be due to the wiring.  The HS200 requires the Live and Load to be seperate wires.  If they are the same wire the switch will not work properly, if at all.  At this time TP-Link does not make a switch that can work with live/load being the same wire.  

Best Regards 

Options
2020-04-24 06:42:39

@capazzo22 

I have the same problem. My light was very dim, I can't even turn off the light or increase the brightness. I'm about to return the dimmer suspecting it's faulty. Any fix on this?

Options
2020-11-22 03:40:23

@capazzo22 Do you have halogen lights? If so the switch may not be fully compatible with them. Try switching to LED bulb

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6630

Replies: 4