Monitoring Bandwidth utilization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-24 23:55:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm starting to get lovely Comcast notifications that I'm exceeding my monthly bandwidth allotment. Super duper!

How can I monitor my bandwidth utilization for wireless clients connecting to the Deco, idealing attributing utilization back to individual clients on the network?

Thanks.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Monitoring Bandwidth utilization
2019-03-25 18:28:00

@mhite 

So with the Decos there are two things that might help.  

1.  when you access the Deco app look at your connected device list.  Each device will display its "live" current upload and download usage.

2.  The Monthly report.  Tap on Advanced and scroll to the bottom and tap on monthly report.  Ensure its enabled and every month you will get a report detailing the traffic ussage for each device.

Options
2020-02-17 15:40:58

@Carl YES!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add data usage log by MAC and device name. This is a critical feature and needs to be prioritized. I don't want to purchase a new router, but Comcast is forcing my hand with their 1Tb data cap. Comcast is evil, but I have to dance with this devil as I have no broadband options. 

Options
2021-12-14 12:24:05

@Carl The monthly report has been enabled for 3 months. But the report contains security alerts, parental controls, graph showing total no of connected devices etc. It does not contain details of which device has used how much 

Options
2021-12-14 17:25:26

@Blazingfast007 

Are you referring to in general, or the insights feature of parental controls that says what sites have been visitied and for how long?

Options
2022-01-03 00:52:14

@Carl I am looking for a report that shows usage per device. Is there a report that shows what i am looking for?

Options
2022-01-04 16:48:07

@Blazingfast007 

No, not for the network in genreal.  I will add it to our list though.

Options
2022-01-13 04:44:58

Is there any update on this feature? I have been waiting for this essential function forever and the beloved comcast has been happily charge me hundreds $$ last year. Why this thing is so hard? 

Options
2022-02-13 16:21:54

@Carl 

I am also looking for detail on bandwidth consumption.  The monthly report only shows devices connected.  

I also have Comcast/Xfinity and they are telling me my connected devices are consuming my bandwidth with I know is not the case so a report that would show over time, bandwidth consumption by device that can be isolated to day and time would be very helpful to show them it's not my devices, it's their service.

Options
2022-02-15 17:13:52 - last edited 2022-02-15 17:21:14

@Carl 

+1 for this feature. I am certain you folks realize that most ISP's have monthly data caps so your customers absolutely need to know what our monthly utiization looks like. I recently scrapped my Google/Nest wifi units for performance reasons and installed Decos only to learn the Deco app fails to deliver arguably the #1 thing home users need which is real-time and aggregate (weekly/monthly) bandwidth consumption. The Google Home app has provided this functionality since day one. Please consider fast tracking this feature into the free tier of your Deco mobile app.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 5723

Replies: 9