Two USB WIFI Adapters to Two Different Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-26 03:14:22

What can I do with a single computer that has two USB wifi adapters connected to two different routers connected to my 150 Mbps network? I've read something about a static route but I don't know if it applies to me. One of the Routers is an Archer c2300.

Options
1 Reply
Re: Two USB WIFI Adapters to Two Different Routers
2019-03-26 16:44:42

@icyulkn 

Well first this is a unusal setup.  Normally people only have a single router and a single nic on a internet source.  Having 2 of each is unusual.   We would like to get a better understanding of the need for the 2 nic and routers.  Normally we would state that disabling the Nic not in use but in some cases that can't create some unforseen issues depending on how that nic is setup.  Static routes typically are for enterprise network or for traffic that needs to take a specific path to the destination.  They are not normally needed in a standard home network enviroment.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 1

Related Articles