Won't save name change of wireless clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-19 12:54:53
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just updated my firmware on my new Archer A7. Prior to that I had labeled all the devices--so it was easy to see at a quick glance which device was on. Now I can change the name of the device on the Network Map-Basic-Wireless Client page, but there is no way to save it. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Harpo

Options
5 Reply
Re:Won't save name change of wireless clients
2019-04-19 18:55:08

@Harpo 

When this happens we will typically recommend to default your router and reconfiugre it.  this usually clears up the issue, which can sometimes be a result of the update not fully intergrating into the existing configuration. 

Options
Re:Re:Won't save name change of wireless clients
2019-04-20 19:57:32
Thank you. I will try that.
Options
2019-04-20 19:57:37
Thank you. I will try that.
Options
2019-04-20 20:50:49

I tried that and it didn't work...still won't save the device name changes. :(

Options
Re:Re:Re:Won't save name change of wireless clients
2019-04-23 17:18:48

@Harpo 

It sounds like you are trying to change the DHCP name.  If that is the case what is likely happening is when your device refreshes its DHCP lease it reaquires the device name from the device itself thus reseting the change.  Really the only way to solve this is to manually change the device name on said device, For instance your phone's name.  This will allow the router to aquire the name the next time the lease renews.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4507

Replies: 5

Related Articles