Deco M9 - Feature request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-19 19:19:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

There are some really basic features missing in the Deco M9 

1) Ability to see and control which units are connected to which individual Deco - This is especially important for me to determine is my security camera is connected to the nearest Deco unit or not. The wifi performance for my security camera has deteriorated because it is not always connected to the nearest unit. It keeps switching over to other Deco units and therefore I experience higher interference in my Wifi signal. I can see this because the wifi signal health varies at different times during the day. And I have no control on the app to make sure that my survelliance camera stays connected to only the nearest unit. 

2) Web based interace to control and configure the Deco Wifi router. I am having to always use the limited functionalities within the app to configure the Deco router. 

3) Ability to create a 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz network seperately instead of a the same SSID for both networks - This is important so that i am able to choose which network I want my devices to be connected to. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 - Feature request
2019-04-19 21:47:57

@Nav

These aren't actually missing features.  Let me explain.

1.  The Deco have what is called ART (Adaptive Routing Technology) This is an ehanced version of smart connect.  It allows the router network to determine which band, channel or Deco unit a client device will connect to.  Based on network load, signal strength, and device capabliities.  Espically in a Mesh network where the units do not techincally act like seperate APs but as a collective one this is not possible.

2.  Most Mesh routers,  are App based only with a very small ammount having a Web GUI.  We are working on one but no release time is available.

3.  This is also again part of the Art technology.  You do have the abilty to turn off a band but you cannot set seperate network ssids. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1131

Replies: 1

Related Articles