C5400X cannot connect to TP-Link Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-04 02:24:07
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Anyone else ever had their router not able to connect to the TP-Link Cloud?  I have an open ticket on it, but though I'd ask the question since I have thus far stumpted them.  No issues with the router - have full internet access, full functionality in every way.  The only thing that doesn't work is the TP-Link Cloud access (as well as DDNS & Firmware Updates which are both reliant on the Clound login access).  Proved the login works, but router simply times out on the login (or the forgot password link or the Register new button).  This C5400X Router and cloud login had been working fine for a little over a month until this occured.  I've reset the router, rebuilt it and also restored the previous  settings, as well as re-applied the most current firmware all without any luck.  Thanks in advance.

Options
16 Reply
Re:C5400X cannot connect to TP-Link Cloud
2019-05-06 22:10:41

@Brother_Bluto 

Try this.  Go to TPlinkcloud.com and try to log in with your credentials.  If there are no issues you should be able to log in. This page is a web based tool for our old NC series cameras but it will help determine if your cloud account works or not.  

If it does you may have to reflash the frimware.  Downloads for the frimware are here:  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c5400x/#Firmware

If after that fails please let us know 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:C5400X cannot connect to TP-Link Cloud
2019-05-07 16:52:30
I have no issues logging into the TPlinkcloud.com. I have also reflashed the firmware on my C5400X with no change to the problem. The router simply isn't communicating with the TP-Link Cloud as verified by using the "forgot password" & "register new" options on the router - it just times-out.
Options
Re:Re:Re:C5400X cannot connect to TP-Link Cloud
2019-06-06 23:38:36

@Brother_Bluto 

tplinkcloud.com is for our NC series cameras.  That is why the router is not showing up on the site.  When you link your router to your TP-Link cloud account it is for two reasons:

1.  Allows linking to the cloud firmware servers for online firmware updates. 

2.  Remote access to the router through our Tether app.  Note the Tether app must also be linked to the same cloud account.

Options
2021-03-25 21:13:52

@Carl 

Wondering if you can shed light on the original question. I have the same problem. I can manage my router on the tether app it when I'm on the local network, but not from the cloud. The router returns the error "failed to connect to the TP-Link cloud" when I try to register it to my TP-Link account.  I've also done a firmware update, then downgrade, then factory reset.  I've also checked the time settings and set it to "sync with PC." It still doesn't work. Model is Archer A2300. Thanks!

Options
2021-03-29 16:13:18

@EmailJim 

When looking at the router on the Tether app does it say local device or cloud device above the product name?

Is the Tether app signed into the same Cloud account?  And to be clear have you tried to link the router to your TP-Link ID while in the web UI or are you trying to link/bind it all through the Tether app?

Options
2021-03-29 21:21:49 - last edited 2021-03-30 17:48:34

@Carl 

It says local device. I've got my wifi extenders registered as cloud devices, but I can't for the AC2300. Also, I noticed that when I click on the antivirus tab in the Home are section, it always says "your security database is updating." The update never completes, leading me to believe that there is some sort of connectivity issue between the router and TP-Link's servers. Everything else seems to work well, no issues with internet access from any devices, and I'm able to stream data between devices. Oh, and I've tried it from the Tether app and from the Web UI using Internet Explorer and Chrome. 

Options
2021-03-31 00:46:12

@EmailJim 

What is showing under the TP-Link Cloud menu?

Options
2021-04-06 02:20:09 - last edited 2021-04-06 02:22:46

@Carl It looks the same as in your screen shot. I've also tried clicking the "register now" button to see if it was just a problem with my TP-Link account. Here is what I get:

Options
2021-04-06 15:56:34

@EmailJim 

I am pretty sure I know the answer but just to rule it out 100%, your router does have internet access correct?

Options
2021-04-06 16:23:27

@Carl yes, no problems with internet access. Cable modem is a docsis 3.0 unit from TP-Link as well. I'm speed testing over 200Mb/s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2510

Replies: 16