Deco M5 setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 setup question
Deco M5 setup question
2019-05-05 21:01:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V1.2.8

My set-up is basic, but involves 4 access points - Bedroom, guest room, den, garage.  The bedroom is hardwired to the cable modem and acts as a router.  The other 3 nodes are wireless access points.

In the den, I have an audio receiver with an Ethernet port, but no wireless support.  Can I hardwire the receiver into the den node to gain Ethernet access?  Is there anything special that I need to do to the M5 application set-up?  Or is that not possible?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 setup question
2019-05-06 23:27:18

@Bigbit1225 

Each Deco Unit has a two-port switch built in to use for ethernet/wired devices.  The base unit will use one port as a WAN to connect to your modem.  The rest are open to connect to whatever ethernet devices you want.  You can even connect a switch to one to get more ethernet access should you desire. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 setup question
2019-05-07 03:20:34
That’s what I was hoping! Thanks!
Options
2019-10-20 21:01:28

@Carl 
Hi,

I just tried connecting a single devices and a switch to the extra ethernet port and it seems the devices connected to that port can't be seen by other devices on the wireless network.

Is that to be expected? How can I work around that?

Thanks!

Options
2019-10-21 17:40:05

@AcerV 

It depends on how the Deco is setup.  If in AP mode it would depend on how the device acting as the router is configured.  If the Deco is configured as the router they should be able to see other devices on the network.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1476

Replies: 4

Related Articles