Automation - Link Switch or Bulb to Door Smart Lock, How to?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-20 19:00:14

I am wondering if it is possible to automate either the TP Link Smart Bulb or the TP Link Smart Switch to my August Door Lock. The idea is that I want the light to turn on whenever the front door unlocks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Automation - Link Switch or Bulb to Door Smart Lock, How to?
2019-05-21 18:59:03

@Godrik 

If your August lock can be a trigger for IFTTT then yes,  You would simply need to setup a receipe for when the door lock locks that the light goes on.

Options
2020-02-10 03:45:01

@Godrik did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to do the same so that outside lights turn on when auto-unlock is triggered.

Options
2020-02-10 13:16:46
If you use alexa you could set it up in there so "when this happens" (door unlocks) "then this happens" (light comes on)
Options
2020-02-10 13:24:26

@jvk-of-md I was able to set it up successfully with IFTTT since both August and Kasa are available there. I also took advantage of webhooks in IFTTT to create iOS shortcuts that allow Siri to do the job as well. :)

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2528/

Options
2020-02-22 10:51:06

smart lock door needs a controller. you can control this from macbook . if you are not abale set up your macbook with amart door then you have to take your macbook to MacBook Repair Dubai   . anywhere you go you can control through your macbook to your door , light , lock , cctv etc . thi sis fantastic technology . you just grab this. 

Options
2020-07-15 17:27:56

Hi ....whats the reasson for the other 2 connections you giving in your post?? could be me however looks nothing to do with the subject.In any case please evacuate different connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2131

Replies: 6