Best configuration for the combo Archer C20 + RE200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-28 16:07:42
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I am seeking advice on how to configure my devices to have the best speed + coverage.

I first bought the Archer to have more speed on my WiFi since the router given by my ISP is pretty average to poor. So I plug it in, and it works pretty well and since it is dual I can juice my connection with the 5g network. The only downside was that a certain parts of the house the network got diminished or even lost.

For this I went and buy the RE200 it was pretty easy to configure and set it up to work with my current network.

Now here it comes the ask for help. When I am connected to the extender the network speed on the 5G network gets dramatically reduced, connected with the router I can get up to 40-50 Mbps with the extender it goes down to 15-20 Mbps.

I have tried to move the Channel and the frequency on the WiFi configurations but I have not seen any variation on the speed.

What else could I do to increase the speed on the router. I also tried the High Speed mode but I saw no increase and being honest I feel is a waste since I loose one network (either 2.4 or 5 G).

I would like to know what is better, keep the same SSID or give a new one to the extender?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Felipe.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Best configuration for the combo Archer C20 + RE200
2019-05-29 18:20:41

@DjCrash1981 

One thing to note is that when using a extender, the device will operate in half-duplex. So the device will send data first then receive it, and so forth. In doing that the speed will not be the same as if you are connected directly to the router (full duplex, does both at the same time).

In your situation, if connecting to the router gives you better speed, then it would be best to avoid the extender. If you have a device in a situation where the signal is very weak or not signal at all, utilize the extender in this situation.

In setting up the extender, make the extenders wireless network different. There may be times which you are physically close to the extender, but the device will still be connected to the router that is farther away, and vice versa.

Options
Re:Best configuration for the combo Archer C20 + RE200
2021-04-27 04:58:52

It is a good and informative post!!!

Signs of black magic

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 942

Replies: 2