Router settings to stop conflict between Disney Circle & ObiTalk/Anveo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-30 00:50:23
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20190403 rel.72961(5553)

I use an ObiTalk device with Google Voice. For E911 service I have an account with Anveo that I've configured through ObiTalk. But something is preventing my Anveo E911 service from staying online ever since I replaced my TP-Link N300 (TL-WR841N) with a TP-Link AC1750 (Archer A7) router. Now I get emails from ObiTalk indicating that my service is no longer registered. And email notices from Anveo indicating my E911 service is offline. But about 20 minutes later I'll get another set of emails saying all is good. And 20 minutes after that a new set of emails saying everything is down again. And it repeats over and over and over. I know there’s a conflict somewhere so I investigated the OBI Expert Configurations and realized that instead of connecting to the Anveo servers, it’s trying to connect to my Disney Circle filter device. I confirmed this is the problem by turning off my Disney Circle and rebooting my router to delete the Circle as a DHCP client. I reconnected to Anveo through ObiTalk and everything worked – my E911 service was intact. Unfortunately, the problems resumed as soon as I reconnected my Disney Circle. There has got to be a setting on my new router that is confusing my ObiTalk device into trying to connect to my Disney Circle instead of Anveo. But I don’t know what it is or how to fix it. Any suggestions? Anveo customer service has no ideas. And ObiTalk tells me to make sure certain ports are open.... Not sure how to do that. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router settings to stop conflict between Disney Circle & ObiTalk/Anveo
2019-05-30 20:41:29

@Spooksea 

There are a few possiblities.  What you want to check first is how the devices are setup.  As i understand it the Disney Circle is a partental control firewall.  You would want to make sure your Orbi is in the White list on this device otherwise it will be filtered.  Keep in mind you may have already did this on your old router, but the devices are likely getting different IPs not then they did on the 841. 

Another thing i would recommend is setup a reserved DHCP IP adress for the Orbi device.  This way its IP will never change and your whitelisting will not come undone.  

Lastly for the port issue.  This would have to due with port forwarding.  If the Orbi support UPNP it should not be a issue espcially if your whitelist it in the Disney Circle device.  However if you do have issues you have two options create port forwarding rules (you would get the ports that need to be open from Orbi) or put the device in a DMZ.  For this would deffiantly would want to setup a reserved DHCP or static IP address for the Orbi.  I do have to warn you though using the DMZ option is not secure.  This is because it would open all ports to this particular device.  Not an ideal situation but still useable and easy to setup.

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1826

Replies: 1

Related Articles