Deco M5 not working as expected.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-01 14:47:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've had these installed for 6 months and should not have waited so long to try and figure out why these don't work properly.  I have 3 installed units and when I am connected to one of them and walk into a different part of the house, my Samsung s9 will not pick up the signal from the nearest unit, even when no other unit is within range. If I go into my wi-fi settings and manually click on the network name, it will then connect to the nearest deco.  This is a royal pain in the rear and makes this whole system the worst I've had. I have updated the firmware and tried resetting the whole installation, but nothing has helped.  Anyone know what might be wrong?  I can't imagine this is how they are designed to work. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 not working as expected.
2019-06-03 20:50:31

@McSpin 

The seemless roaming between devices and APs has to do with routing protocols 802.11kvr.  The Galaxy S9 should be compatible with this protocol, but there could be a setting that is disable that allows this to work.  

1st thing to do is test with another device such as an Iphone, a tablet etc.  If they can successfully route seemlessly then the issue would be with your Galaxy S9.  If not please let us know.

Options