How to change DNS address for Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-03 01:17:07
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 190403

I'm configuring a new A7 for a friend and am a bit confused on how to specify DNS addresses.  Is it enough to enable DHCP server and add optional Primary and Secondary DNS addresses or is there more to do?  Advanced > Network > Dynamic DNS with its TP-Link, NO-IP and DynDNS choices throw in some confusion.  That's now set on TP-Link.  Also, DNS addresses shown in the Basic setup area are showing as 2 provided by my ISP in the Basic setup area, although I've specified others under DHCP.  My C7 was simple to specify DNS address for.  Maybe I'm missing something, but this A7 doesn't seem to be.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to change DNS address for Archer A7
2019-06-03 21:21:56

@Larc919 

There are two places to change the DNS servers.   

1.  go to advanded, then click on network then internet.  Click on the arrow next to Advanced to reveal the WAN DNS servers.  You can make changes here.

2.  from the same menu click on DHCP Server.  From here you can change the LAN DNS servers.  

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:How to change DNS address for Archer A7
2019-06-06 19:26:30

Thanks very much for that.  It was something I was unable to find in the manual.  Everything is set perfectly now.  smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9266

Replies: 2