TP-LINK AC1200 v1 cannot keep address reservations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-12 20:26:13
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 151111 Rel.37996n

Note: I am not using the standard released firmware (Build 150xxxx) because address reservations do not work at all. Tp-link support has an internal release that does the job (this one). However, if SNAFUS force you to reset the device and you reload your settings, THE ADDRESS RESERVATION TABLE IS NOT RESTORED. Come on, Tp-link people. This is multi-decade old routing technology. What's the problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK AC1200 v1 cannot keep address reservations
2019-06-17 17:21:14

@BrKorb 

The Address Reservation table should remain after a power cycle.  We even recommend doing a reboot after making any config changes so the changes apply.  The only way this would be cleared is if the router is losing the configuration do to manual resets,  resets caused by power related issues or hardware failures.  If you feel there is a hardware failure, contact our customer support service to complete troubleshooting and investigate a hardware replacement, if you are still under warranty.  I would note though that since you mentioned you are not using a standard frimware you would need to flash the router back to the offical firmware for us to troubleshoot or provide warranty services on the router.

Options
Re:Re:TP-LINK AC1200 v1 cannot keep address reservations
2019-06-17 18:17:44

Yes, I understand that. However, something went awry so that the router would not allow me to login with either the default name/password or the name/password I wrote on a post-it. So I reset it. I then reloaded my configuration from my "router-config.bin" file. That put most everything back to normal. Not the address reservation table. *THAT* is the problem.

Options
Re:Re:TP-LINK AC1200 v1 cannot keep address reservations
2019-06-17 18:20:15
P.S. *YOU* guys provided the firmware. The issue is that the publicly available firmware DOES NOT WORK for address reservation. When I complained *YOUR* tech gave me a URL for downloading one that had a working address reservation function. Obviously, you really should put some more programming effort into that and then make a publicly available release.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 3

Related Articles