Would Deco M4's work in my situation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-16 18:25:29 - last edited 2019-06-16 18:26:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My in-laws and my family live out in the country on adjacent land.  They have high speed internet available to them while we do not.  Therefore we set up a wireless bridge between our houses.  About a year ago, I swapped out their wireless system for a Deco M5 system.  I would like to upgrade our system to a mesh system as well now.

Would the Deco M4 system work with this setup?

Modem --> Deco M5 ~~> Deco M5 --> Wireless Bridge --> Deco M4 ~~> 2 other M4's in my house

--> means a wired connection

~~> means a wireless connection

I'm concerned as it seems there's some issues with the ethernet backhaul which my wireless bridge would probably qualify as an ethernet backhaul.

I'm assuming that the M4's would act as AP's only in the network

Options
2 Reply
Re:Would Deco M4's work in my situation?
2019-06-17 19:02:00

@mcmoyer 

This is not a setup we have tested however theoretically it should work with no problems. 

Options
Re:Would Deco M4's work in my situation?
2019-06-19 01:12:47

Just to follow up in case anyone else was interested.  I got the M4s today.  I had to bring the first one up to my inlaws house to have it recognized by the existing M5s.  Once that one was done, I brought it back to my house and plugged it into my ethernet cable and the M5s were still able to recognize it across the wireless bridge.  

I was able to set up the remaining two from my house.  In my current configuration, I have 2 connected via ethernet and one freestanding.  

It's working about 3 times faster than my ASUS AC3200 router was able to perform.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 925

Replies: 2