Identify/apply special settings to guest network on AC5400X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-15 07:31:44
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 20180904 rel.41828(5553)

I'm about to set up a guest network, but only if I can change a few things about their configuration. I'd like them to use a different DNS server or have their traffic routed through a proxy, but I can't figure out how to identify them/route their traffic. I'm fine with them seeing each other and I can switch on/off for seeing my home network when necessary, but this proxy would be very important, but I just can't see a way to identify the users who have logged in via the guest SSID; they seem to be on the same subnet.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Identify/apply special settings to guest network on AC5400X
2019-07-15 20:36:07

@Rawr 

Guest networks can be issolated from the main network.  They can also be configured to allow devices connected to them to see each other or not.  The guest network will however will share the same subnet as the main network and cannot be used on a proxy.  

Options
Re:Re:Identify/apply special settings to guest network on AC5400X
2019-07-15 20:48:41

um, yes... Thanks for the customer service repeat-back-what-I-said shtick, I guess?

I'll go find myself another router.

Anyone want to buy a C5400X?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Identify/apply special settings to guest network on AC5400X
2019-07-17 23:01:34

@Rawr 

Sorry if you took my response as trying to repeat what you said.  I actually was explaing not just for you but for anyone who reads this post what the intent of a guest network is, and then dirrectly responded to your question regarding the sperate DNS servers and Proxy.  

To be clear Guest Networks are not desinged to operate on proxy or alternate DNS.

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 3