WR902 can;t connect to anything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-18 22:21:46
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to configure a WR902 in client mode. The wireless side will go toto my main router, a Century Link device. EEthernet will connect to a device that has no wifi.

When I run the TPLink web utility at tplinkwifi.net, it can not find a device.

MyLANViewer doesn't show any TPLink device other than an old WR-802 at 192.168.0.254.

I can;t get WPS to make a connection. I'm pressing the Centrury Link router WPS button then the 902 WPS button but no connection is made.

For grins, I cabled the 902 to the main switch that connects to the Century Link router. Still no luck with the TPLink web utility.

I've tried all 3 positions of the switch on the 902.

Why don;t I see the 902 on my LAN?

What might be the issue with WPS?

Shouldn;t Ethernet be the simplest surest way to talk to the 902?

Chuck

Options
4 Reply
Re:WR902 can;t connect to anything
2019-07-18 23:57:22

@charlesh3 

When you are setting up the TL-WR902AC, during the setup it should see all wireless networks 2.4GHz and 5GHz available around it shown here (Step 6): https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2031/

If you are not seeing anything, it may be the web browser, use a different one to see if the networks come up.

Once the 902AC is set up in client mode it will no longer broadcast a wireless network, and all that is left is to wire a device. Make sure to wire a laptop or a computer to verify the connection works before putting the desired device.

As far as connecting or setting up the 902AC, you can be connected to its default wireless network or wired to it. If the wired connection does not work, connect via WiFi.

Options
2019-07-19 00:12:31

Tony - 

Thanks. I haven't done Step 6 as in Step 3, the web based program can not find my 902.

I was able to get the 902 to show up (finally) on MyLANViewer. However, I cant get an answer to pings and trying to send my browser to its address does not get me a connection.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Chuck

Options
2019-07-19 00:40:47

I followed your advice and tried with Chrome.

It discovered the 902 immediately.

Edge never dfiscovered it after many refreshes to make sure it was not a cache issue.

I believe all is well now and thanks.

Chuck

Options
2019-07-19 14:15:46

@charlesh3 

Very welcome.

Great to hear you got every going.

Options