TL-WR902AC. Can I connect a switch to allow a few devices (like Raspberry Pi's) to connect...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR902AC. Can I connect a switch to allow a few devices (like Raspberry Pi's) to connect...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-25 15:06:20
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Pre Purchase

Can I connect a switch to the eithernet port of the TL-WR902AC to allow a few devices (like Raspberry Pi's) to connect via their ethernet ports when using the TP links Client Mode to connect to an AP that has internet access?   They are extremely low bandwidth.   Basically I am wanting to know if the ethernet port can see multiple MAC addresses when configured in Client Mode prior to purchasing one. 

I am trying not to have to run a physical ethernet cable thru the bowels of my RV and this device in client mode looks perfect to prevent crawling thru 40' of RV basement to run a wire from the back to the front of the coach for a couple of extremely low bandwidth devices.  

Thanks, Bill  

Bill http:\\cowlesmountain.com Traveling the USA in a 40' Bus
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR902AC. Can I connect a switch to allow a few devices (like Raspberry Pi's) to connect...
2019-03-25 18:56:04

@BigBillSD 

Client mode is designed to work like a network adapter so it would be a one-to-one connection.  This means in client mode it should only be used with a single client device at a time.  If you are using this to connect to a WISP provider like the kind you find in RV parks you would probably have better success with Hotspot Router mode.

Best Regards 

Options