TL-WR902AC Won't connect to Hotel Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-11 01:07:15
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.0.2 v008a.0 Build 171229 Rel 54327n(5553)

Purchased this travel router (arrived today) based on revviews on-line that it easliy connected to hotel WiFi and allowed setting up a secured network. I typically stay at Hilton brands and they use name and room number to authenicate onto thier networks. I have been unable to get the router to connect to the hotel WiFi in Hotspot mode and after 3 hours of trying I'm about ready to put it back in the box and return it. Any suggestions on how to make it connect? Or was I wrong to believe the reviews on line and just send it back.

Thanks,

Dartwizard

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR902AC Won't connect to Hotel Network
2020-08-11 22:30:46

@Dartwizard 

If the Wi-Fi you use has a portal that requires a login, that may be where the 902 is getting stuck as it can not log in itself.

Here is what another user mentioned to get it working:

-The hotel has Wifi with a password. Once linked to hotel Wifi you have to open a web page that authenticates your device.
-Connecting the TP-link router:
-I connected to the router, scanned for wifi networks, selected hotel wifi network, and entered the password.
-After connection, I was not able to see the internet.
-I then connected to the TP-Link wifi from my phone and browsed a web page. I got authenticated onto the hotel wifi (now via TP-link) and was then able to connect other devices to the TP-link router.

Options
Re:TL-WR902AC Won't connect to Hotel Network
2021-01-01 19:07:50

@Tony how about English next time? thanks

Tony wrote

@Dartwizard 

If the Wi-Fi you use has a portal that requires a login, that may be where the 902 is getting stuck as it can not log in itself.

Here is what another user mentioned to get it working:

-The hotel has Wifi with a password. Once linked to hotel Wifi you have to open a web page that authenticates your device.
-Connecting the TP-link router:
-I connected to the router, scanned for wifi networks, selected hotel wifi network, and entered the password.
-After connection, I was not able to see the internet.
-I then connected to the TP-Link wifi from my phone and browsed a web page. I got authenticated onto the hotel wifi (now via TP-link) and was then able to connect other devices to the TP-link router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 11406

Replies: 2