Router Archer A6 V2 Wireless Problem: Can´t connect to the WiFi (Intermittent Error)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Archer A6 V2 Wireless Problem: Can´t connect to the WiFi (Intermittent Error)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-02 19:40:31
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

Hello TP Link Comunity,

I have a problem with my new Router. 

Every time I detect moments when the connection is lost and when I try to connect again I can´t do this.

The router continue working without problems and I can connect other computers but this problem  happens with other devices of my Network and is so randombly.

Thanks all

Options
12 Reply
Re:Router Archer A6 V2 Wireless Problem: Can´t connect to the WiFi (Intermittent Error)
2020-05-03 14:46:26

@ShadowPanter 

I'd think some more info would help here. You really didn't completely describe the problem.

ShadowPanter wrote

I have a problem with my new Router. 

Every time I detect moments when the connection is lost and when I try to connect again I can´t do this.

FIrst, did you have an OLD router before? When you installed this router, did you turn off the modem before connecting it to the router and then powered the modem back on and when fully up, powered up the router?

How did you 'detect moments' when the connection is lost? Is this to the router itself, or the Internet?

How are you trying to connect to it?

Is it 'lost' on all bands or just one?

ShadowPanter wrote

The router continue working without problems and I can connect other computers but this problem  happens with other devices of my Network and is so randombly.

OK, so what devices does it happen too, and where are they? Wired or wireless? If wireless, how far away from the router? If you change location, does the problem still happen?

It sort of sounds like an interference problem more than anything else? Either a stronger WiFI signal is seem by the device and it tries to switch (device might not be set to always use a specific SSID or change to a stronger SSID if found?). There are utilities that will detail all SSID's found near you, Acrylic is one for the PC for instance (https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/downloads-free-license-wifi-wireless-network-software-tools/download-wifi-scanner-windows/). For mobile devices, search the device store for Network Tool or Network Scanner, and try one of those to rule out interference from another SSID. If you find one, change the Router SSID to a channel less used.

Options
Re:Router Archer A6 V2 Wireless Problem: Can´t connect to the WiFi (Intermittent Error)
2020-05-03 14:54:29

@IrvSp 

What happen:

I detect I doens´t have internet conection and when I try to connect again I looking connect but no give IP or DNS.

How this happen ?

This happen radomly.

What I do to reverse the problem?

I restart the router.

Options
2020-05-03 18:50:28

@ShadowPanter 

Well, what did you have before?

Are you sure it isn't your modem dropping the connection? Have you tried rebooting both the modem and router?

Have you contacted your ISP so they can check if there is a problem?

Did you try looking in the Router's LOG for information that might explain the drop?

Have you tried contacting TP-Link Support? Here some TP-Link employee might not see this until tomorrow possibly, but they'd probably need specific information like I asked?

Options
2020-05-04 19:33:31

@IrvSp 

Thank you for the assistance as always your help is appericated. 

@ShadowPanter 

IRV is correct we would need more information.  It is possible that the issue is ISP Related please provide as much details about your account, how the router is configured and how your connection is setup so we can better assist. 

Options
2020-05-04 19:56:27

@Carl 

Hello is not the ISP.

I do the ping to the gateway an its fail after I try to verify the issue.

After this I try to discconnect and Try to connect to my ssid, I get connected but the router does not assign IP.

The DHCP is 192.168.2.0/24 

I have configured 2.4 and 2.5 separately not in smart mode, but I try to chages the radios the 20 Mhz to 40 Mhz and Automatic.

I do many things but nothing change, I bought this device a Month ago and it start with this mistake 2 weeks ago. 

Thanks its possible to download a Troubleshoot file of my device ?

Cordially,

JAIRO ANDRES MORENO CIRO 

Options
2020-05-04 23:02:51

@ShadowPanter 

The only thing would be to download the logs and attach them to the thread and letting us review them.  The reason i state it might be an ISP issue is because your router is not pulling an IP address.  That indicates that there is a issue with the communication with the service provider.  It could be hardware related, like the cable or a port.  It could be Software related like the router is not configured properly or it could be service related.  We would really need to rule that out.  

Lets start with the Logs and go from there.  Also so you know this community is really designed for US based customers.  It might become nessasry to transfer your post to the global community at community.tp-link.com/en but we will let you know before we do if it is.

Options
2020-05-05 18:55:17

@ShadowPanter 

Hello Carl,

I receive the WAN IP in the TP Link without problems the problem is in my host.

When I do the ping to the default gateway of my computer ( TP LINK ROUTER) it fail. This is was I mentioned in my other reply I think.

The ISP is not the problem.

Can you said me how I can download the logs of my device ? 

Thanks you

Options
2020-05-15 04:53:50

@ShadowPanter I also have this issue after updating to the latest firmware. I disabled 5ghz and have a hidden network for family use and also turned on guest network for guests. From our family network it disconnects all wifi devices but not wired devices. but in the guest network there is still internet access. I started to have this problem about 3 weeks ago and i just keep turning the router on and off just to fix it.

Here is my device information: 

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)

Hardware Version: Archer C6 v2.0

i will also attach my system logs. 

Thank you!

File:
syslog-2020-05-15.logDownload
Options
2020-05-18 01:08:59

@MikaelVisuals 

I have the same error, when the device try to connect to the router I see the DHCP packets but the ACK is never received.

I try to think these router are bad. 

Options
2020-11-06 19:35:44

@ShadowPanter Same issue I have 2 A6 v2.8 and one of them have intermottent internet connections .... and I have to reboot it .... I just updated it to version 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458 ... also when I use the tether  APP that Router didn't show clients connected.

Options