Old laptop won't recognize password but other devices do

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-26 16:29:53
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Dell laptop is about 7-8 yrs old and doesn't recognize the password. My cell phone, Ipad and other people's cell phones have had no problems at all. I contacted Dell who wanted to charge for about $150 to fix the problem which I declined. I think they mentioned something about a driver. I'm not technically savvy so any assistance is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Old laptop won't recognize password but other devices do
2019-07-26 18:26:36

@Kristin 

Use this website:  https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=drivers  to search for and download your diviers.  You will need to know the model number to use this site though.  Likely what the issue is going to be is your adapter does not work with the encryption you are using, for example AES on WPA2.  an alternative and probably a better option would be to get a external wireless adapter.  This will allow you to use more modern encryption and also improve speeds of your wireless connection.  You just need to make sure the adapter you get works with your OS version.  

Options