Apple Kasa App Crashes and running very slow if I upload the actual photo for the plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Apple Kasa App Crashes and running very slow if I upload the actual photo for the plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-01 00:37:08

I have 7 Kasa smart plugs and one Kasa smart switch, However, Apple Kasa app crashes and responds slowly once I changes the actual pictures for the plugs. I am very disappointed about it. However, if I change the actual photo back to those generic icons, it works fine.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Apple Kasa App Crashes and running very slow if I upload the actual photo for the plugs
2019-08-01 16:59:41

@Terencemok 

I just tried this with my Kasa Devices.  I am using a Apple iPhone 8 with Kasa Version 2.14.  I added successfully pictures instead of the default icons and did not experiance any of the issues you mentioned.  I also did this remotely from another network so added that into the mix.  I would recommend making sure your products are all on the latest firmware and that the app is fully updated.  You also might want to try and reset the network settings on your Apple device.  Just the network settings though.  I do this about once a month to keep my network connection clean and issue free.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1443

Replies: 1