DD-WRT firmware, username/password combination wont work and reset button wont work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DD-WRT firmware, username/password combination wont work and reset button wont work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-02 12:25:38 - last edited 2019-08-02 12:27:08
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

pretty much as title says, I tried connecting to 192.168.1.1 today (been using it for a week now) and it kept saying my username/password combination is wrong, I never tried entering them before so this is first time.

I tried resetting it using telnet but it still asks for username/password.

I tried restting it using various methods but the reset button wont work, also the lights on the front are incorrect, it shows 3/4 ethernet connections but there is only one

Router:

Tp link archer A7 AC1750

Options
4 Reply
Re:DD-WRT firmware, username/password combination wont work and reset button wont work
2019-08-02 21:32:02

@Legion223 

Not much we can do from a TP-Link stand point DDWRT is a 3rd part firmware so it could have re-written what the buttons do or at least how they work.  If you bought it that way the item was likely 2nd hand and we would recommend returning to the seller.  

Options
Re:DD-WRT firmware, username/password combination wont work and reset button wont work
2019-09-01 22:45:54

I'm having the exact same problem. 

Did you ever find a resolution? 

Options
2019-09-02 00:37:58

hey, yes I did manage to fix it, so the reset button doesnt work for that purpose,but apparently it still functions for putting the router in recovery mode.

Follow the guide here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0pC_ON5Vo or google how to do tftp flash 

the recovery file has to be called ArcherC7v5_tp_recovery even though you have archer a7 v5.

Options
Re:Re:DD-WRT firmware, username/password combination wont work and reset button wont work
2019-09-02 01:31:21

Thank you for your rapid response. I genuinely appreciate your help. I wasn't expecting to hear back for weeks! 

I checked my purchase date of the router from Amazon, and tomorrow is the last day to return, so I packaged it up and returned it citing a defective reset button! 

Thanks for your message, regardless of the outcome. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6529

Replies: 4