DecoM5 - 3 hardwired APs - all are green, same SSID, ea has devices - but 1 wont talk to the other 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DecoM5 - 3 hardwired APs - all are green, same SSID, ea has devices - but 1 wont talk to the other 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-02 22:53:28
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.8.6

Two networks are showing in the smartphone app with the same SSID network name "Home". One has 2 deco units named "lower" and "outer[main]" that are communicating with each other but the 3rd deco "upper" is not communicating with the other two in the mesh - even though the light is green on all three.

Swithching to the other network named "Home" shows it has only one deco unit named "upper[main]".

Options
1 Reply
Re:DecoM5 - 3 hardwired APs - all are green, same SSID, ea has devices - but 1 wont talk to the other 2
2019-08-03 00:19:38

@cjohnsonmn 

I'm a bit confused by your description, but i think you are saying your setup 1 of your 3 Decos on a different network as the others.  If that is correct that would be your issue.  Deco uses ART (adaptive routing technology) so the network should be the same on all units.  So you would just need to make sure you setup one unit and then allow the other 2 to copy that configuration.  

If i have it worng please let us know so we can give a proper response. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 1

Related Articles