Cannot log into router after switching to client mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-02 23:07:24
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3

I was able to log into the router with the switch in Share ETH mode.  I moved the Mode switch to External Client am not able to log into the router to set it up for client sharing.  Instead, I get the message that not connected to the TP Link network.

I moved the mode switch back to Share ETH and can log back in.  However I can not set up Client mode from this log in.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot log into router after switching to client mode
2019-08-02 23:57:23

@BobW 

Bob, when the router is put into client mode it is actually acting as an adapter and would not have an IP address and the DHCP is disabled.  To log into the router in client mode you will need to either hard reset it back to default or set a static IP/gateway to your computer's ethernet adapter and attempt to log in.  By far the easiest way to do this is to hard reset and log into the defaults.  

Best Regards

Options
Re:Cannot log into router after switching to client mode
2019-08-03 00:14:31

Thanks, Carl.  Please excuse me.  Could you clarify.  Are you saying that if I do a hard reset, I should be able to log into the router and set up ext client parameters with the mode switch in the share eth position.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Cannot log into router after switching to client mode
2019-08-03 13:40:20

Carl, I did resolve the issue.  I found that I needed to put the router mode switch in the Share Hotspot position, do a hard reset and was able to properly configure my client connection.  Thank you for your advice.  All is good.

Regards,

Bob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1695

Replies: 3