No IPV6 connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No IPV6 connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No IPV6 connectivity
No IPV6 connectivity
2019-08-07 01:14:07 - last edited 2019-08-07 01:43:26
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

IPV6 is not working on my router. I enabled it, and in the router cp it looks like it's working, but it isn't. If I plug any device directly into the modem, IPV6 works immediatley, what's going on with this? Thanks,

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Comcast-IPv6-Not-Working/td-p/3034722

According to this it is apparantley a problem with this specific router. Now I have to buy a new router since apparantley tp-link has no interest in fixing whatever it is they broke with a firmware update several years ago. Yet it's still avaliable to purchase, gotta say I am seriously not impressed with tp-link and and will never make the mistake of wasting my money and time by purchasing any of their products again,

Options
2 Reply
Re:No IPV6 connectivity
2019-08-08 02:50:59

No word on getting this fixed or how to fix it? 

Options
Re:No IPV6 connectivity
2019-12-28 02:07:21

@pontpontf Honestly it is happening on my Archer AX6000 too.  It works for a few days to a week and then the DNS routing gets messed up and sometimes I can't load the router's management page.  When I disable IPv6 I have zero issues with the router.  Unfortunately I don't have advice on how to fix it but I am planning on reaching out to my ISP to get proper settings and then test again.  If that doesn't resolve the issue I'll reach out to TP-Link for clarification but IDK if they know of the issue.

pontpontf wrote

IPV6 is not working on my router. I enabled it, and in the router cp it looks like it's working, but it isn't. If I plug any device directly into the modem, IPV6 works immediatley, what's going on with this? Thanks,

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Comcast-IPv6-Not-Working/td-p/3034722

According to this it is apparantley a problem with this specific router. Now I have to buy a new router since apparantley tp-link has no interest in fixing whatever it is they broke with a firmware update several years ago. Yet it's still avaliable to purchase, gotta say I am seriously not impressed with tp-link and and will never make the mistake of wasting my money and time by purchasing any of their products again,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1129

Replies: 2

Related Articles