Post over on the RING Doorbell forum about M5 bricking doorbells

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-09 03:53:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have personally replaced five RING Doorbell 2's

and on RING Doorbell Pro since installing the M5 system in my home. I am now not runnning Fast Roaming and have used the Chime Pro Network Extender that RING makes for the doorbelland have not had it brick my latest install yet. Is anyone at TP-Link aware of this issue?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/TP-Link-Deco-Mesh-WiFi-bricking-Ring-cameras/m-p/1611#M447

For the record, I am a Video Network Engineer with on of the big 5 telecoms and have been here 11 years. I have been in the tech sector for over 20 years and pioneer many new technologies. I am at this point jsut waiting for the WiFi 6 to become affordable and proven products to be tested by the genral public so I can get rid of the M5's I suppose. I hate that and almost would rather get rid of ring system but i am into it over $1300 with my whole home security alarm system and lights etc. So replacing the mesh system is less expensive at this point.

I would love to hear how this is impossible - but I would say put your money where your mouth is and come see my situation. The correlation and causation all point to the installing of the M5's and i am not the only one who is having issues. I am not sure what the problem is exactly other than overheating the doorbell by switching back and forth between devices or flapping maybe???

Does TP-Link consider this something to be concerned about?

Kind Regards,

Tony

Options
2 Reply
Re:Post over on the RING Doorbell forum about M5 bricking doorbells
2019-08-09 21:14:48

@NASTYBYNATURE 

Hi Tony,

Any time a product is not working properly we take notice.  TP-Link is aware of these concerns and we have contacted our engineering team to investigate.  However Ring is the only product we are currently aware of having issues with Fast Roam.  If you review all 7 pages of the Nest Forum post you will see their community managers are eluding to the issue being with their cameras.  

In fact a quick google search shows a history of issues with Ring products and Mesh.  Not just TP-Link but a varratiy of manufactures. 

https://www.google.com/search?ei=V9xNXdXIG4zO0PEP9ZibmAo&q=Ring+doorbell+issues+with+mesh+Wifi&oq=Ring+doorbell+issues+with+mesh+Wifi&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30.21804.22808..23141...0.0..0.117.437.1j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.3-u1UDuxXQc&ved=0ahUKEwiV0JX71PbjAhUMJzQIHXXMBqMQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

My point is while we are looking into this, issues such as this can old be solved by the client device manufacture, in this case Ring, as the compatiblity issues is with how their product interacts with 802.11kvr fast roam standards.  

Options
Re:Post over on the RING Doorbell forum about M5 bricking doorbells
2019-12-20 04:15:32 - last edited 2019-12-20 04:16:53

Its a good viewpoint.Thanks for sharing with the illustrative method.However,I have a query regarding the connectivity of ring audio doorbell to my arlo base station.I am continuously loosing connection with my wifi network and it is regularly shutting off.I have checked the synchronization regarding arlo home security review.Guide us if we have missed out on anything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1806

Replies: 2

Related Articles