Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Google Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-10 22:54:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.28

I saw a similar post about the Alex app and I am curious if Zigbee control is planned for google home devices.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Google Assistant
2019-08-12 22:13:29 - last edited 2019-08-12 22:13:48

@mock 

At this time no, we have not worked with Google or to my knowledge Amazon on interactions for the Zigbee Antenna in the Deco M9 Plus.  If we do though it will be posted here under Official Annoucements.  

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus Zigbee Control through Google Assistant
2019-08-13 17:24:48

Thank you for the quick reply, Carl. 

This sounds a little less likely than what I read on:  https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/162724., specific reply below.  Do you know if other development has been prioritized and this is not at all on the current roadmap?  Just trying to determine if a separate zigbee hub should be purchased. 

Overall, I have been very pleased with the connection speed and performance of the M9 plus, but I did anticipate integration with google assistant (partially true with tp-link and other wifi smart devices).  Please pass on to the marketing team that it would help eliminate some customer frustrations if this were specifically called out in a user manual or packaging.

_________

@Runehasa 

From what we have been told by our enigeering staff this is in the works.  We are working with Amazon to certify the skill when that process completes you should then have this abilty.  until then the Hub controls can be accessed through the Deco App

Carl

Kudos: 65

Stories: 15

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3282

Replies: 2

Related Articles