Router as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router as access point
Router as access point
2019-08-14 02:12:09
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up my router as an access point so that I can add two Selpy printers and print to both of them for my photo booth. I have established the router on my tablet, but I see no LAN. It says: Connected/secure. Do I have to log into the management page to add the printers? In short, I have no idea what I am doing.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router as access point
2019-08-14 16:22:20

@Fotographer 

When the router is in AP (access point) mode the router will not have a LAN because all routing functions are disabled.  For a LAN to be established the router must be routing.  AP mode is to use in conjuction with a router to establish a wireless access point for wireless client devices. But it will need to be connected to a router to work properly.

Options
Re:Re:Router as access point
2019-08-14 19:47:09

Thanks. So, if I want my tablet to communicate to my two printers, do I set the router up as Repater/Bridge mode, Client mode, or multi-SSID mode? My set up is camera wired to tablet ---> tablet prints to selphy printer. The printer acts as an access point. How do I add the other printer so that the tablet recognizes both of them? I need to enable print pooling. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1238

Replies: 2

Related Articles