WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients

WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients

134 Reply
Re:WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients
2020-08-15 22:09:58

Same thing here. I found chromebook is not listed as WIFI clients. Tried to search both IP or MAC. This is annoying. Please fix. 

Options
2020-08-15 22:16:56
Just found it is shown in the DHCP Client List, but not in the Wireless Client list. It is surly using WIFI.
Options
2020-08-25 05:51:13

alien-link wrote

Hello, 

I have my device in Access point mode as I have another router handling the DHCP portion of the network. 

I have multiple devices connected to the Wifi network and yet only one device shows connected when I log into the management page. 

Shouldn't all the devices show up un the WIFI section? I am trying to verify who is connected to the Wifi portion of my network. 

I have verified all the devices are on the correct network with the correct subnet masks. I have also verified on my DHCP server that they are active, but again I want to verify this on the TP-link WIFI section. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

I just want to send out a thank you to the SOHO Community and to TP Link for providing a valid reason to return my new AX 3000. There are plenty of better things I can do with my $150.

I was hoping for better connectivity to my new 1Gb fiber ISP, but the bandwidth I'm receiving from the AX 3000 is essentially the same as from my 8-year old Nighthawk. 
With this egregious security flaw so well documented here in the forum and TP Link's obvious lack of action or intent to fix it, I can return the router with a clear conscience knowing that it is ridiculously flawed. I'll be packing it up first thing tomorrow. 

BTW,

The Tether app has a feature in the 'hamburger menu' on the Clients page called "WiFi Detective". The WiFi Detective is able to list all 30 devices attached to the AX 3000 while the status page varies from 4 to 6. Of course, there's nothing one can do with the information. The items in the list can't be edited, named, or added to the official Client list. I'm guessing this new functionality is intended to address the security issues inherent in failing to list the WiFi devices connected to your router. It’s a nice gesture, but it ultimately only amplifies the absurdity of not being able to list these devices in the main Status page where one can actually name and identify the individual devices.  

If I run in Router mode, I see about 20 out of the 30 devices that are attached in my system. Wow, we’re getting closer, but I need to run in AP mode because AT&T refuses to allow 3rd-party routers to access their modem directly. I bought this model specifically because it had an AP mode. Now I find that the AP mode is wacked. If the date range on this thread is any indication, it’s going to remain wacked.

Options
2020-08-25 11:50:05
Smart move. They clearly have no intention of fixing this and it's useless as an AP with this bug. In case anyone from the company cares, would never buy another product from them.
Options
2020-08-25 12:49:13

@PHGNYC 

I would never recommend an TP-Link product ever again based on the complete lack of response to a major security flaw and basic feature to monitor complete list of connected WiFi clients.  Not sure why TP-Link is taking this lack of action.  But can't recommend buying TP-Link at all given this behavior.

Options
2020-09-11 19:24:45

@alien-link just noticed this problem on my new AX1800,

most devices show up in QOS device list, but one does not!

Firmware Version : 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.63914(5553)
Hardware Version :  Archer AX1800 v1.20
Options
2020-09-12 22:38:03

@mfearon It was all a mistake- 
all devices are “present and accounted for” on the router.
Now that it is Saturday, I was able to get everyone to 
put all their iPhones off LTE and on the router wifi.
Now all the devices on all the router lists are identified,
and no mysterious devices are present.

this references only:

Firmware Version : 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.63914(5553)
Hardware Version :  Archer AX1800 v1.20

Options
2020-09-13 01:18:48

Hi all,

I just set up a AX11000 running in Router mode (replacing a Nighthawk which failed over the weekend), and am finding that not all devices are showing in the client list. One device in particular is connected and responding / working as expected, but doesn't appear on the list. I bought this expensive and high bandwidth router as I have more than 50 devices connected at any one time and need to be aware of what's on my network at all times. This makes me question how many other devices I'm not seeing?

As one other person mentioned, the device can be seen in the WiFi Detective feature, but not in the client list.

I can't believe how such an obviously high security issue can be seemingly treated with such low priority and is taking months to even respond to, let alone fix.

Options
2020-09-13 01:33:37

@Todism 

Hi, I just checked to see if TP-Link finally fixed this security flaw, and it appears that just may have finally fixed it.  I just installed firmware 1.1.1 build 20200716 and I am now finally seeing all of my WiFi clients that I am currently aware of (or at least many more than before, and all I am currently aware).  I will double-check to confirm the wifi list doesn't decay over time, but as of now, all looks good.

Firmware Version:  1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(5553)

Hardware Version:  Archer AX11000 v1.0

In terms of names of clients devices, I do see some unusual glitches:

* All of the iPhone and iPad products are properly listed.

* however, all of the Android and Linux WiFi devices have the first letter dropped from the Connection Client hostnames, but I would consider this a more minor glitch that I have names like the following in my client list:

ndroid

inux

Options
2020-09-13 02:10:02
No change with my AC4000 in AP mode with latest firmware. Still Shows no clients connected, which is not the case. Just had a different AP on my network die on me, and replaced with a Netgear router/AP. Would never buy from TP-Link again. Clearly they don’t care about that.
Options