Archer C5400 not showing Wifi Networks on Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 03:33:15 - last edited 2020-07-15 03:36:59
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 relationship. 52981

I use my router a lot for work and constantly unplug and plug it back in.  Today the Wifi networks didn't show up, but the router worked properly to connect two of my laptops together on a network and have ethernet I pulled from the studio's router.  

I was able to log into Tether on my phone and see my device, see the 3 networks I have created, and see that the internet was correctly connected.  I updated the firmware through the app, reset the router on the back of the device, and rebooted the router twice.  The networks still do not show up on my computer or phone.  

Any idea how I can problem solve this? I need to get it up and running. 

Thank you! 

Elaine 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 not showing Wifi Networks on Devices
2020-07-15 12:16:43
Am I correct that you can connect to the WIFI with other devices (the two laptops) at the time that it does not show on the PC and phone? I would check the router's WIFI settings and see if you have the SSID hidden. Check the QoS and parental controls. Also may want to try specific WIFI channels and band width.
Options
2020-07-15 13:53:19

@elainesmiller55 

Hi, 

Thanks for replying.  It doesn't show up on any of my devices at all.  I can only see it through the Tether app. 

Options
2020-07-15 16:26:52
That is what I would expect if the SSID was hidden. If your setting is to show the SSID, I would try setting it to hidden, reboot the router, set it to show the SSID, reboot, and check. If still does not work, I would do a factory reset on the router and re-enter the settings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 751

Replies: 3

Related Articles