WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients

WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients

134 Reply
Re:WIFI connected devices not showing up as WIFI clients
2023-07-29 10:09:52
Another thing you can do is eBay a used Ruckus and drop Unleashed on it, you can get something like an R300 for a few tens of dollars and they run circles around the TP-Links. I've been running one of those for about a year now and never had any problems with it.
Options
2023-10-10 20:26:24

Hi  @Carl .

I have an Archer A7 (AC1750)

Firmware 1.2.1 Build 20220714 rel.75573(4555)

Hardware Archer A7 v5.0

Using in router mode.

I've not used my Tether App to boost devices for well over a year until now, however when logging on I can't see any wireless devices apart from my own phone which I've logged onto the app using (also to log in via the web). Briefly my wife's phone showed up but has disappeared, but fortunately after I managed to select her device to boost it. What I want to do is to boost my youngest's PS5 which is 2 floors up and so lagging constantly. Unfortunately as his device doesn't show I can't boost it. Please can you advise?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Options
2023-10-11 15:40:22

@JRed1 

What do you mean by using the Tether App to Boost a device?  The Tether app doesn't boost anything it is just a management app for TP-Link routers and range extenders.   If you are trying to boost a signal from a router you will need a range extender or powerline adapter.   You might even want to consider going the Mesh route like our Deco systems. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2023-11-04 14:48:39

Hi @Carl!

Thanks a lot for answering in the thread.

I think Instead of attacking you, we should try to help you provide all the information that is needed to solve the issue. I appreciate you still respond to us (I would not do it anylonger)

This is my router information:

Firmware Version: 1.19.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210201 Rel.65731n
Hardware Version: Archer MR200 v4 00000001

SIM Card Status: SIM unlocked.
Authentication succeeded.
Signal Strength: 75%
Network Type: 4G LTE
Data: 55.109GB (Monthly Used)
Upload speed: 3.884KB/S
Down speed: 740.275KB/S

I have no clue how to check what mode it is. Currently it is set as a 4G modem.

I don't see the right count of wireless neither wired devices

Let me know any other info you need, happy to provide it to you.

Thank a lot for answering!

Options
2023-11-06 17:02:21

@crgarcia 

While what you provided is very useful, we would not be able to help with your specific device here in the particular community.  This particular community is a US-only community and the MR200 was never officially released here.  What I would recommend doing is going to our global community where you will have admins and other customers who are familiar with that specific device.  With it being a $g/LTE device you would want to post a thread in this specific category.  https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/123. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help.   

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2024-03-25 15:14:13 - last edited 2024-03-25 15:20:27

@Carl 

finally found this thread and I have a AX3000 4-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router,(ARCHER AX-55) and am having similar problem with my router not showing several clients.

The clients do show being connected on the client, BUT they're not working. I did a reboot of everything several times and for a few days my printer was working but not now again (after another reboot) and this has been happening for months now.

some clients that don't show on the router are connected and do work fine.....

Getting to the point of throwing my new router and putting my ten yr old one back .......😞

Options
2024-03-26 10:41:20

@cmyachtie 

Some additional info to my previous post.

Strangely, I have 18 devices on my router functional and only 8 show up on the client list, I have 2 TP-LINK smart light bulbs and both work ok, only one shows up on the client list.

GOT my HP printer connected and working a day ago and was on the client list but has now again dropped off and won't connect again unless I reboot everything.....this is just crazy!,

Online Update

Update firmware for this router over the internet.

Firmware Version

1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4341)

Hardware Version

Archer AX55 v1.0

CHECK FOR UPDATESFirmware is up to date.

ANYONE....ANY SUGGESTIONS ON FIXING THIS.?

Options
2024-03-26 11:56:17

@cmyachtie still following. 

Options
2024-03-26 15:21:38

@cmyachtie 

What region are you in?  The firmware build you mentioned here is not available in the US.  The last firmware for the V1 is 20231130.  

Options
2024-03-27 11:19:16
I am in Canada 🇨🇦
Options