Wifi won't work unless phone is next to the router but good signals from others

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-20 15:13:23
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Just ran into an issue this morning (no changes since I went to bed) where my phone won't detect and use the wifi signal unless it's about 2 feet away from the router. I have good signals coming from my various neighbors wifis so I know it's not my phone antenna. I used to have full signal with my wifi. I've also tried rebooting it a few times (whether through the 192.168.1.1 interface or just unplugging it for a minute. My PC's wired directly to the router and that works fine since speed tests, etc all look good. I've also tried switching the broadcast channel on it but it hasn't helped at all.

Anyone have any ideas? It's a new router that has been in use for under a week.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi won't work unless phone is next to the router but good signals from others
2019-09-23 20:34:14

@Kulkun 

It could be a power setting issue.  To test go to Advanced - Wireless 2.4Ghz and reduce the power setting to 75 or 50%.  Save the new setting and repeat for 5GHz.  then do a reboot.  

If that does not help try channing the channel and bandwidth as you could be on a congested channel that has interference on it.  these settings are located in the same area as the power setting.  repeat the steps on 5GHz save and reboot.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 1