Using Parental controls to block content without specifying every device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-20 19:45:41
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi - I can't seem to find anything (and if its possible) to block certain content / key words via the parental controls without having to specificy a list of devices that it applies to.  I basically want to block any access to any sites that are listed in my black list under the content restrictions without having to add them all to the Devices Under Parental Control section. 

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Parental controls to block content without specifying every device
2019-09-23 21:11:47

@richdavenport 

Hi Rich.  With the Archer C9 V3 the parental controls can have a blank blacklist and an blank whitelist.  Allow all sites or block all sites respectively, however they do need a device list populated to apply the rules to.  The rules are applied based on the MAC IDs of the devices in the assoctiation list. There is not a way to apply parental controls in the fashion you requested. 

Options
Re:Using Parental controls to block content without specifying every device
2019-09-24 13:52:06

@Carl  - thanks Carl!  I appreciate the quick response.   Bummed to hear that its not possible - I was hoping to have a blanket rule so that when my kids freinds come over, and connect to my wifi - the same rules would apply to them without me having to add their device based on their respective MAC ID's.  Appreciate it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 2

Related Articles