Slow file transfer between clients on LAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow file transfer between clients on LAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Slow file transfer between clients on LAN?
2020-08-19 14:24:50

@Dj_Mamana   Do you have the antivirus option enabled on the decos?  I have the same issue and I have been trying to figure out whats causing it. 

Options
2020-08-19 22:22:04

@pgar Hello. Deco M4 does not have anti-virus option, or I couldnt find it in the mobile app.

Options
2020-08-19 22:26:40

@pgar Hello, I could not find such option (Anti-virus) in Deco M4

Options
2020-09-14 20:01:02
I have same issue. File transfer between network drive, nvidia shield and other PC's, I get transfer rate of 7 to 14Mb a second over wifi. Im running two M9's and one M5. All these decos are 15 to 30 feet apart.
Options
2020-12-31 17:34:01

I have Deco M9 Plus. Before I was getting getting 200 kiloBYTES/sec on transfers between computers on my network when connected on ETH on the same node. Here's my setup. All of my nodes are wirelessly connected to each node.

Cablemodem <----ETH---->Master Node 

Linux Computer w/Samba <----ETH---->Slave Node <------ETH----->Desktop Win10 (This is where the transfer speeds are terrible.)

I removed all clients from the "High Priority List" in the QOS settings and set the QOS profile to standard and somehow that did the trick. I'm now able to get around max 72 MBps (576 Mbps) which I'm quite happy about although 1 gbps would be nicer. Also setting the QOS profile to gaming bogs down the transfer speeds. I don't know if the below steps will help you but this is what worked for me.

1. Set QOS profile to standard.

2. Remove all devices frrom "High Priority"

3. Run speed test under the QOS settings.

Options
Related Articles