DHCP list of previously connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-27 13:18:44
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Need to prune previously connected device list when adding devices to parental control list. I have 20 pages of devices. Any ideas?

Or sort by last time connected would work too.

Options
7 Reply
Re:DHCP list of previously connected devices
2019-09-27 19:18:47 - last edited 2019-09-30 18:09:33

@dstring 

Unfortuantely, there is no way to modify or remove the devices. The only way I've found so far is to factory default the router. I saved the confiuration file, but when uploading it back, the disconnected devices came back.

Another thing I looked at was the DHCP lease time, but that does not affect the list.

The current feature or how it is was done that way to be able to configure past devices as well. The feature request to at least be able to modify it has be forwarded for consideration.

Options
2021-05-20 11:13:27

@dstring 

@Tony @Kevin_Z @TP-Link 

The issue of not being able to remove old (permanent) DHCP leases from the DHCP client list has been bothering numerous customers for years and years now.

Not only customers of @TP-Link that are still using legacy products are experiencing this, but also customers who have new products, like me on my AX6000.

How on earth can you ( @TP-Link , @Tony , @Kevin_Z ) keep your customers so dissatisfied for so long?

When will someone in the TP-Link organization step up and say: "This has been enough!"?

When will there be someone in TP-Link who will provide a solution instead of treating customers like mushrooms?

Keep-em-in-the-dark-and-feed-them-sh!t-replies like "we have talked to our developers", "please reset your router", "we don't know if/when we will have a solution" are an insult to your customers.

Are you listening to your customers at all?

Who do we need to talk to in TP-Link to get out of this charade of ignoring many, many customers that are facing this issue for much too long?

Options
2021-05-27 14:54:38
Struggling with the same problem on my AX6000!!
Options
2021-07-21 11:14:56

@TP-Link @Kevin_Z

Could someone in TP-Link have the decency to reply after 2 months?

Options
2021-08-24 11:02:00

@Nimma 

@TP-Link @Kevin_Z

Or after 3 months maybe?

Options
2021-08-24 12:21:09 - last edited 2021-08-24 12:28:55

@Nimma 

Just to confirm and ensure that I didn't misunderstand what you are reporting, do you also refer to the devices list when configuring the Parental Control? That had been confirmed by Tony that there is no way to modify that list on the current firmware, and the only way is to factory reset the router.

Generally, when a device is offline, it should be displayed maybe on the 3rd or 4th page, all the online devices should display on the first page or two, you can then find it easily.

As confirmed with engineers previously, this optimization or change is not that easy to be accomplished, so we cannot guarantee this will be "fixed" in the future firmware.

Options
2021-12-30 15:47:58

@Kevin_Z 

Please have your engineers reconsider the priority of this issue.  Otherwise, it will be a potential ticking time bomb for many of TP Link's customers.

Consider that most mobile devices (Android and Apple) now default wifi connection settings to use randomized MAC addresses for added security and privacy.  Most users are not aware of and do not change this setting to use static/fixed MAC addresses.  This means that over time, the list of connected devices will grow continuously for many households as their mobile devices disconnect and reconnect to their TP Link router with new MAC addresses.  If there's no method for clearing the list, it will grow indefinitely.

Aside from causing severe inconvenience to any users trying to navigate the device list, it's also possible that such a list will eventually exhaust some maximum size limit and cause errors.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3823

Replies: 7

Related Articles