TP-Link Wireless Nano USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-30 01:00:05
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am having trouble with connecting my Nano USB Adapter to my windows laptop. I plugged in the USB Adapter, went to the tp-link website to install the driver, when I opened it and clicked to set up the laptop restarted. When it came back on nothing seemed different. I clicked on my network to connect, but I didn't see the correct network name. I clicked on one that was similar, but it asked for a password and I don't have one. Was there a step I missed? Do I need another wifi router to connect the USB to for it to connect to my laptop?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Wireless Nano USB Adapter
2019-10-01 22:03:33

@hms123 

If you look at your network connections you will be able to see if the TP-Link adapter is displayed there. If so, then the adapter or drivers installed correctly.

You should be seeing the same networks as the network adapter would not create a new wireless network. What is the model of the TP-Link adapter? They usually start with Archer or TL-WN.

Your router is ok, you will not need another router. If the TP-Link is connecting to your network for the first time you will be prompted for the wireless password. Try entering the wireless password you would normally use to connect to your network. If the window prompt for the password is asking for a PIN, there should be a small link to enter a network security key, click that and then enter your password.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2141

Replies: 1

Related Articles