Wireless Channel Selection / Setting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-04 00:34:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372

Hi,

I have a Deco M4R with 2 M3W extenders.

I would like to be able to know what wireless channel is being used and to be able to change it if desired.  I know the Deco is supposed to select the best channel, but how do I know which one it selected? 

Thanks,

Jack

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless Channel Selection / Setting
2019-10-04 00:50:46

@JackInBrooklyn 

Hi Jack,

At this time there is no native way to see what channel is being used.  Nor are you able to change the channel on the Deco system.  This is due to the adaptive routing technology the the Deco uses to optimize your network and how the data is transmitted. 

Options
Re:Wireless Channel Selection / Setting
2019-10-12 01:57:52

@JackInBrooklyn 

There is an app, wifi analytics, that will identify the channel your wifi is connected to.   Free on internet.

JackInBrooklyn wrote

Hi,

I have a Deco M4R with 2 M3W extenders.

I would like to be able to know what wireless channel is being used and to be able to change it if desired.  I know the Deco is supposed to select the best channel, but how do I know which one it selected? 

Thanks,

Jack

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 920

Replies: 2

Related Articles