Powerline adapter "powerline" LED flashing red then green - no conneciton

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-06 18:58:43
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_902103_180511_903

I've got three of the TL-PA9020P (AV2000) powerline adapters set up in my home. They have all been working fine (for the most part) for the better part of the year. Then, yesterday, two of them dropped off the network. The "powerline" LED on both of them is flashing red then green. There is not set rhythm to the flashing either - it seems random, but it is frequent. In the tpPLC program I only see one powerline adapter, which is the one without this problem. I've tried re-pairing them with no success. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Options
29 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter "powerline" LED flashing red then green - no conneciton
2019-10-07 21:50:26

@ktri 

I could not find anything in my documentations about red and gree light.  I have reached out to our product design team for an answer.  We will get back to you after we have word. 

Options
2019-10-09 16:21:15

@ktri 

Red-Green flashing light is an unstablity in the Powerline connection.  It happens when the rate is changing between high and low rates frequently.  This could be for several reasons.  Such as quality of the power line.  Too much interference between the two adapters,  or even an adapter issues itself.  To test and rule out the adapter we would need the units place in the same room on the same wall but different outlets.  This will elminate interference, quality and distance as issues.  It will also determine if the adapter is working properly or not. 

Options
2019-12-02 09:23:35

@Carl 

I have this issue too. I connected a new TP-Link M9 plus. Before I was using a Velop mesh system and my powerlines worked fine, no issue at all. I believe the problem is the Deco M9, its the only change I've made. Setup is as follows

1 x M9 unit connected to the broadband modem

LAN connected to a powerlines adapter (this is an older one, but still TP-LINK)

another TP-LINK adapter plugged in near for the tv(again, this is an older one, but still TP-LINK)

1 x M9 unit in the conservatory - nothing connected to the lan ports

I have two more powerline adapters (tl-pa7020) which used to work flawlessly with the velop system, but now with the Deco M9, both flash red/green

Did you get yours sorted out?

Options
2019-12-02 19:22:06

@Clarky1000 

It hasn't been investigated because more troubleshooting needs to be done.  As with the other user please move both adapters into the same room and place them in differect outlets but on the same wall.  Let us know if the LED stablizes and we can go from there. 

Options
2019-12-11 05:39:40

@Carl I got 5 av2000 in my house, they have been working perfectly in last one year, but the power line led just started flashing green/red since couple hour ago, the other leds stay solid green, I tried to plug them into other sockets but issues remain, any idea? Thanks

Options
2019-12-29 19:21:20

@ktri (etc.) --

Exact same issue. I'm struck by how recent these reports seem to have been. I don't know why the issue would suddenly have started flaring up; if the problem were one of different-quality circuits, then I'd expect to have experienced it before, no?

FWIW, I'm in an apartment building. It's not easy to sort out what "on the same circuit" means, when there's only one (double) outlet on a given wall! wink

Options
2020-01-06 17:54:51 - last edited 2020-01-06 18:01:33

Adaptor : TLPA9020p V2

ive been having these issues with the V2 adaptors for about 9 months. My other powerline adapters don't have these problems. It's is defo a TP Link problem. 

FYI my other adapters are from Zyxel. 

Options
2020-01-11 18:15:53

Hello people,

I just encountered the flashing red and green light for the 'powerline led' on my TP-Link WiFi extenders today and had no internet connection on my computer. I tried to pair them but no luck.

I solved my issue by unplugging both the WiFi extenders from the wall and swapping it's location. Plugged back in the Ethernet cable and no more flashing red and green light for the 'powerline led'. All led are solid green and my internet is working again now. 

Hope this works for someone. 

Options
2020-01-24 20:17:06

Is my situation similar to this discussion?

I have four PA-9020P.  Performance as reported by the Powerline tpPLC utility is directly related to distance.  The farther apart adapters are, the slower the reported link.  The reported performance varies from one minute to another, with the rate between #1 and#4 ranging from 150mb to 21mb.  Aside from that variability, it works fine for weeks or months, and then one day the middle LED is either solid red, or changes red-green-red-green  (not flashing, but every few seconds).  There are IP cameras connected to that 4th adapter, and when I try to open them, performance is unusable.  I then resync #3 and #4 (they are closest together - no stairs!) and it's fine again.

I accept that something about my electrical supply or what is connected to it may be causing this problem.  But, I have searched (and searched) for a solution.  I am happy to install filters on outlets to block whatever is causing the problem.  But.... what filters?  Who makes them and where are they sold?  Do I start with "things with motors" or with "things with switching power supplies"?

Is it typical for reported transmission rate:

• To consistently be higher in one direction than the return direction?
  • To vary extremely over short periods of time?

Thanks

Options
2020-01-24 22:12:24

@shootingshit thanks for that, worth a shot. Will follow up here if it works for me too!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 64122

Replies: 29