2 xboxes in 1 house port forwarding same ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-10 14:41:49
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20180904 rel.41828

I have 2 xboxes and I am trying to open ports for better xbox live performance. I dont use both xboxes at the same time.  I know the same ports cannot be opened on 2 different xboxes at the same time.  So, I am trying to find an easy way to save the ports of the both xboxes and turn them on and off based on what xbox I am playing without having to keep entering in all the info again.   The router will not let me save the same port even if the other ip xbox port is disabled.   Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:2 xboxes in 1 house port forwarding same ports
2019-10-10 16:12:20

@Redmeat 

Sadly there is no way to do this in the port forwarding rules section.   Rules are linked to an IP address and once a rule is made then that specific port can not be assinged to another rule, even if one device is not currently in play.  With that said you have 3 options really.

1.  Modify the rule for the X-Box you are using at the time.

2.  Use the router's DMZ function.  This can be assinged to one client device at a time and will open all ports to the device.  While security wise this is not ideal, it is an option for the 2nd X-Box.

3.  Keep one X-Box on UPNP.  UPNP is supposed to open the needed ports on demand so really there should be no preformance issues experianced if you do this. 

Best Regards 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1136

Replies: 1

Related Articles