Archer C5400X Parental Control IMPOSSIBLE to ALLOW Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-10 22:42:07
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version 1.1.0 Build 20180904 rel.41828(5553)

Having 3 kids at home, I was looking forward to managing profiles under Parental Control on my Archer C5400X.  However, it appears to be missing a BLATANT feature: the ability to carve out ALLOWED WEBSITE EXCEPTIONS.  My son, a Teen, needs access to his school community portal, and it's getting block...  Even though it seems we're really in 2019, the interface does NOT allow for ALLOWED entries.  Sure enough it seems very happy to offer RESTRICTED entries, incrementally adding new blocked sites, categories and whatnot, there is NO WAY to manually carve an allowed website entry to bypass the router's restriction...  May I ask that this unacceptable omission be rectified ASAP?!?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X Parental Control IMPOSSIBLE to ALLOW Access
2019-10-11 01:12:19

@seabass0118 You have to make different profile, than select the profile for your son or,you can create different profiles as many as you want or some genaric.

Options
2019-10-11 01:16:56

@SalmanSyed, I'm afraid you are incorrect.  If you look into the manual for this particular model, you'll find that the interface is different, whereby there is no way to add an authorized website.  I recognize how unusual that is, but would refer you to the manual to confirm this feature utterly lacking...

Options
2019-10-11 16:55:57

@seabass0118 

The partental controls are powered by TrendMicro.  The filters go through their servers and dertermine what content to block or allow, based on the pre-made categories or manual entries.  It may not be possible to edit the categories to allow a specific site, but we have contacted our R and D team to find out.  The alternative is to remove the category filter that is blocking the required site and then manually adding filters for the sites that otherwise would be blocked by the category.  

We will let you know when R and D reaches back out to us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1051

Replies: 3

Related Articles