Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?
2020-11-24 23:48:53

@Carl Please escalate the ability to set schedules for groups. I just purchased 4 more smart plugs to go along with my existing ones for holiday lights only to discover I have to manually set the on/off schedule for each of the 6 devices individually. 

At least add the option to share a schedule or copy a schedule from another device to another would make managing schedules easier: set it once and then select all the other devices (or devices in a group :) that you want to copy the schedule to and then hit a copy button. The current limited functionality is an incredible pain for managing a common schedule for many devices.

It would also be nice if it was possible to manage devices via web on a computer.

Options
Re:Is there a way to set a schedule for a group of products (in my case four smart bulbs)?
2020-11-30 23:04:02

@samej71 

Hi Sam,  

The request has been added to our request form.  Whether or not it will ever happen is a different story.  We make sure the R and D team sees the threads and send the request up monthly but we typically will not get feedback if the features are being added until they are.  If we do get any feedback I will make sure there is a notification added to our community.  

On the mention about a PC/Web based access that I can that we have been told will not happen.  Too many variables and the products were designed with access exculsivly through the mobile app.  Though that could change in the future right now the answer on that request was no. 

Options
2020-12-06 01:01:02

@Carl can you put in an RFE to add Time Offset for Sunrise and Sunset to Smart Actiins so I can control multiple devices from one action instead of going to Schedule and have to do that once per device?

Options
2020-12-07 18:50:19

@HelloPS 

Not familar with the term RFE but if you are requesting a feature be added can you provide details on how you want to see if so we can send it up in detail?

Options
2021-01-22 19:49:28

Just throwing my support in for this feature as well. I just bought a four pack of the smart plugs to replace a different brand that did not work consistently. While the Kasa plugs seem to work muhc better, the other company's app (Feit) had a more inutitive scheduling interface with easy group scheduling. I just scheduled 3 plugs on the same schedule. It was not such a big deal since my schedule is not so complex.

Even without the issue of gorup scheduling, I have 2 suggesitons for the interface:

- Once you choose device and tap on "schedule", the name of the devie is not listed on the page header so if you are forgetful or have several devices to set, it's harder to keep track of which plug you are working on. If the device name could be kept on the header in the schedule function, that would be helpful.

- There is no dedicated "Schedules" tab, where you can go to see all of the schedules you currently have active. So in order to remember what you have scheduled you need to select each individual device and go into that schedule tab. This can also make it confusing to remember what is scheduled to occur.

Options
2021-03-10 00:15:15

@Carl 

I also would like to be able to create schedules for a group. I just replaced my Wyze plugs with HS105s because the Wyze plugs wouldn't reconnect to wifi after losing the connection. But it did have the ability to set schedules on groups.

Another feature it had was the ability to set start and end times on a single screen. It's a pain to have to set a schedule when you have to make two individual entries. I was able to set just the start time, just the end time, or both times on one screen effectively doing what the 2 diff schedules are doing on the HS103/5.

Something else that I think might be a bug(?) After setting start and end schedule entries for each of 3 plugs, when I go to the devices screen I only see the end time for one plug...no start time. Other 2 plugs have no schedules displayed. Being able to see all the schedules for all the devices on the devices page was very useful on my previous plugs as well.

I don't bring up the Wyze plug to say it's better than the HS103/5...it's not. It had other issues besides just not reconnecting to wifi. I'm just pointing out that I've used these features in the past and found them very useful.

Options
2021-06-28 04:53:38

@Carl any word on setting a schedule for the group, seems like a very basic feature. I just hooked up my light switches and shocked I can't do a schedule for a group. 

Options
2021-06-28 18:36:51

@PeteeP 

No nothing and to be honest i do not think it will be for a while.  There are several products lauching soon so i can only guess that the main resources are being used in ensuring these devices are added properly to the service.  I will send this up in our weekly post as well.

Options
2021-07-31 19:00:26

@Carl But you can only have three Smart Actions.  I need to schedule a group of devices to turn off every 1.5 hours and then back on a minute later.  That's a lot of scheduling even for just one device, let alone for 12!  This is obviously a feature that is desired by lots of people!

Options
2021-08-02 16:26:32

@MikiB 

And a feature we have demanded from the product team several times as well.  From a support standpoint it made no sense to limit the feature in such a way.  I know they are looking into expanding but I can't say how or when the update will be implemented.  You can however try the Samsung SmartThings app.  Our Kasa devices will work with this app through cloud to cloud intergration, like with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.  I do beleive that The SmartThings app does have a similar feature with a larger cap of actions.  Could be a good alternative until we update our version.

Options