New AC1750 replacing a stock Century Link wifi router "no internet" have fiber internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New AC1750 replacing a stock Century Link wifi router "no internet" have fiber internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-31 04:00:33
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi i just purchased an AC1750 archer A7,

Just for reference, we have Century Link 1000mbps Fiber internet. The stock router isnt that great, so i wanted to upgrade to the faster router. I plugged everything into the archer and went through the whole setup, however the internet light stays orange. No issues when i plugged the century link router back in. I tried restarting both the modem and router, as well as resetting the router.. have read a few different threads but I cant figure this out

Options
3 Reply
Re:New AC1750 replacing a stock Century Link wifi router "no internet" have fiber internet
2019-10-31 16:04:56

@ColinFarrell 

If you are able to access the UI of the Century Link router and look at its WAN settings.  You will want to duplicate this in the TP-Link Router. Some Fiber providers require a VLAN ID or another special setting that normal configurations do not.  Another potential issue is the ISP may require the router to be registered to the account.  If its not then they may see if as a foreign device and block access.  

Those are the two things i would try frist. 

Options
Re:New AC1750 replacing a stock Century Link wifi router "no internet" have fiber internet
2019-11-04 02:32:29

@Carl thank you carl, im going to try and access the Wan Settings to duplicate them. if not i will contact the ISP and find out a little more.

Options
2020-09-29 16:26:41

@ColinFarrell Were you able to fix this? And if so, what settings did you use?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1840

Replies: 3

Related Articles