I have two Deco M9 Plus units. When I am using the Deco app to edit the name of a connected device, the name change doesn't get saved. This also occurs when I try to update other attributes of the connected device (e.g. Location). In the app, it shows the new name for a second or two, but then changes back to the prior name. There is no error message given either. Very occassionally will the name change actually save, so it's not failing 100% of the time (just most of the time).
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any specific pattern to it. Some of the troubleshoting I've tried (all to no avail):
- Isolate the issue to a specific Deco unit - they both seem to have the same issue
- Reboot & unplug each unit
- Tried to rename various devices of different types (smart switches, laptops, phones, etc)
- Existing decive name length doesn't seem to matter
- Tried using the Deco app on multiple different devices
My only guess is that this could be related to the recent firmware update. I just updated the firmware on 10/25, and I can't recall ever having this issue before.
I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue or knows how to fix it. My only other idea for a work around is to delete and add each device back individually. But with over 70 devices, that's just going to be a pain.
Thanks in advance,