Archer C59 AC-1350 TFTP Recovery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-04 05:04:31
Model: Archer C59  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I am trying to initiate the TFTP recovery process on the Archer C59 AC-1350 V2 router.

I have set my IP address to 192.168.1.66 (also tried 192.168.0.66) and set up the TFTPD64 program.

I press power on while holding the WPS button and do not see anything in the TFTPD64 log.

I have tried pressing power on while holding the reset button without success.

Also have tried pressing power on while holding the WiFi button. Nothing.

The router does work and is running OpenWRT, I want to put it back to tplink firmware.

Does anyone know the proper way to get the TFTP recovery process to work on this router?

I appreciate any ideas or help. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C59 AC-1350 TFTP Recovery
2019-11-05 21:24:59

@englishjg 

Honestly i would suggest asking this question on the OpenWRT forums.  While one of our users may be able to help you, TP-Link Officals do not have experiance or can we support anything related to 3rd party software.  The OpenWRT forum community would likely be the best resource available to help you with this.

Options
Re:Archer C59 AC-1350 TFTP Recovery
2019-11-06 01:05:10

@Carl 

Thanks for the reply Carl. I was hoping that maybe someone knew how to put the Archer C59 into its TFTP Recovery mode.

I will also go ask at OpenWRT, good idea!!

Carl wrote

@englishjg 

Honestly i would suggest asking this question on the OpenWRT forums.  While one of our users may be able to help you, TP-Link Officals do not have experiance or can we support anything related to 3rd party software.  The OpenWRT forum community would likely be the best resource available to help you with this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1530

Replies: 2

Related Articles